You will need:
1 packet of Egg-Free Canneloni tubes.
Canneloni Filling: 1 small-medium sized Cauliflower head, 1-2 small-medium sized Broccoli heads, 2 Garlic cloves, Chilli Flakes, Salt, Pepper, 1-2 vegetable Stock Cubes and Water.
Tomato Sauce: 1 jar/tin (approx. 500-700ml) Passata Tomatoes (or smooth/mixed crushed tomatoes), 1-2tbs vinegar, 1tbs sugar, Salt and Pepper.
Creamy Cheese Sauce: 50g Dairy Free margarine, 250ml Vegan Cooking Cream, 3tbs Plain Flour, 500-800ml Water, 2 Vegetable Stock Cubes, Salt, Pepper and Parmazano Powder (or other vegan cheese, this step can be skipped)
- Cut your cauliflower and broccoli into chunks and gently boil in lightly salted water until just soft enought to mix. Drain the water off the cauliflower and broccoli(save some liquid). Mix until smooth and add your chilli flakes, garlic, salt, pepper and vegetable stock. If your mix is just too thick add some of your cooking liquid from the boiling earlier until smooth and muddy texture. Let the cauliflower and broccoli mix gently simmer for a few minutes, just for the spices to come out more. Taste! Add more spices if needed.
- Let the mixture cool down.
- In a ovenproof dish add your passata, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix it around and taste.
- Start filling your uncooked canneloni tubes with the cauliflower and broccoli mixture. Layer them evenly on top of your passata.
- Melt your margarine for the cheese sauce in a saucepan. Add the plain flour and whisk into a paste. Start by adding your cooking cream and vegetable stock cubes. Mix and keep on adding water slowly during the cooking until you get a thick but still runny sauce. Add your salt, pepper and vegan cheese powder (or cheese of your choice)
- Pour the sauce on top of the canneloni and cook in the oven at 200C / 390F for 30-45min. The top should be golden and the pasta al dente. (test the pasta with a toothpick)
Brands I recommend in this blog are: