You Will Need:
Mash: 8-10 Potatoes, Salt, Pepper, Dairy Free Margarine, Vegan Cooking Cream and Nutmeg.
Mince: 400-600g Vegan Mince (or TVP), Salt, Pepper, 2 Carrots, handful of Peas, Mushroom Soy Sauce, 200-400ml Water and 1-2 Brown Onions. (1tbs Plain Flour mixed with 100ml Water)
(Large oven-proof dish and oil for frying)
- Peel your potatoes and boil them in water with some salt until soft.
- While the potatoes are cooking, peel your carrots and onions. Cut them into even chunks.
- In a pan heat your oil. Gently fry your onion and carrots for a few minutes.
- Add your mince, salt, pepper and mushroom soy sauce. Also adding 200-400 ml of water. Let the mince gently simmer until the carrots are soft.
- Now add your peas and let it all simmer a few more minutes. Add your flour and water mix if you desire a thicker and creamier mince.
- Taste and spice more if needed. You might also have to add more water if most of the liquid had been evaporated during the simmering.
- Mash your potatoes and add margarine and cooking cream until soft and smooth. Spice your mash with salt, pepper and a few pinches of nutmeg. Taste!
- Now assemble your shepards pie with the mince mix on the bottom and gently spreading the mashed potatoes on top.
- Cook for 20-30min (or until golden) in a oven pre heated to 200C / 390C.