You will need:
200g Dairy Free Margarine, 4dl (1 3/4 cups) Sugar, Egg Replacer (mixed with water equal to 4eggs), 6dl (2 ½ cups) Plain White Flour, 4tsp Baking Powder and 200ml Soy or Oat Milk.
Butter cream: 200g Dairy Free Margarine, 2dl (0.85 cups) Icing Sugar, 3tsp Vanilla Sugar (or vanilla essence) and 200ml of Cold Thick Custard.
Topping: 300g Almond Paste and 2-3tbs Dark Cocoa Powder.
- Preaheat your oven to 200C / 390F
- Mix margarine and sugar until creamy. Add the egg replacer (premixed with water).
- Stir in the flour, baking powder and soy/ oat milk.
- Bake in the oven in a deep oven tray lined with paper for 15 min (until set).
- Leave your cake to cool down.
- Mix all the ingredients for your butter cream and add cold thick custard.
- Spread over your cake. (very important that your cake is cold, if not the butter cream will melt)
- Grate the almond paste on top of the cake and dust with the cocoa powder.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!