You will need:
½-1 Eggplant, 3-4 Ripe Tomatoes, 4 Mushrooms, 3/4-1 Zucchini, 1 clove of Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Herbs (for eg. thyme/ basil/ oregano) , 1 tin Crushed Tomatoes, olive oil and 1 Red Onion (optional: 1tsp sugar and 1 vegetable stock cube)
- Peel and dice your red onion and slice your mushrooms. Gently fry in a pan with olive oil.
- Cut the eggplant, tomatoes and zucchini into chunks and add to the now soft mushroom and onion fry.
- Add the spices/ herbs and taste. Fry for a few minutes and add the garlic and crushed tomatoes.
- Leave to simmer and taste. If you want more flavour and sweetness (depending on your tinned tomatoes quality) add 1 tsp of sugar and a vegetable stock cube. Leave to simmer and get a deep flavour. Be careful to not over cook the veggie sauce, if so it will turn into mush. (add a small amount water if the sauce is too thick)
- Now the pasta sauce is ready to serve with your favourite type of pasta. We have used a spinach egg free tagliatelle.