You will need:
10 liter / 2.64 gallon sized Bucket
approx: 15-25 Stalks of Rhubarbs
2 kg / 9 1/4 cups of White Sugar
- Clean your rhubarb stalks and cut them in finger thick slices. (leave the peel on)
- Add all the stalks in your bucket, but don't fill it all the way up. Leave around 4-6 inches /10-15 cm empty at the top.
- Slice your lemons and spread them over the rhubarbs. Make sure that the lemons are clean and wax free.
- Add all your sugar to the bucket and fill with the boiling water. The water should just cover the rhubarb and lemons. (this might feel a little tricky as the rhubarbs tend to float, but push them down)
- Mix until the sugar is dissolved.
- Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and leave to sit in a cool place for two days. (stirr the rhubarb/lemon/water-mix around a few times per day during this time)
- Strain all the liquid away after the two days, do until your liquid is clear. (not clear as in no colour, cause the cordial will be tinted)
- Drink mixed with water or softdrink (for eg. 7up or sprite)
- If you drink alot of this you can store it in the fridge for a few days, but the best is to freeze it and just take a bottle out when needed. Do NOT freeze glass bottles, they will explode!